[영어인터뷰] 이주연(82.영문) (주)피죤 대표이사

페이지 정보

작성자 관리자 작성일08-09-05 01:12 조회13,363회 댓글0건

본문

2010년 개교 50주년 기념 영어 인터뷰 Sogang Secrets Revealed

“보이지 않으나 지켜야 할 선線이 있어요”
이주연(82·영문) (주)피죤 대표이사

Q 피죤은 어떤 인재를 채용합니까?
A Well for me, there are three words that come to mind;‘Honesty, Sincerity, Integrity’It has always been Pigeon’s strategy to find such people and motivate them. I think it all comes down to a person’s character, not justtheir brain. Business is not a rocket science, so we don’t always need super smart people. We believe that if you are honest and diligent and care for what you do, you will quite naturally be creative and come up with good ideas.

그 질문에 대해서 세 가지 단어로 대답하겠습니다‘. 정직, 성실, 원칙’입니다. 이를 갖춘 인재를 찾아서 열심히 일하도록 만드는 게 피죤의 인재 정책입니다. 저는‘인간성’을 중요하게 생각합니다. 비즈니스는 어려운 과학 문제가 아닙니다. 그래서 머리가 뛰어난 천재들이 꼭 필요한 것이 아니지요. 자신의 일에 애정을 가진 정직하고 성실한 사람이라면, 자기 일에 창의적인 아이디어를 내는 인재가 될 수 있다고생각합니다.

Q 멘토가 있다면 누구이고 무엇을 배웠습니까?
A I would say without hesitation that my greatest mentor is my father, and his most important lesson to me is to always have and keep to your principles. There are both visible and invisible rules. People are accustomed to staying within the visible rules like traffic signs and common laws, but there are invisible rules in society and business that we shouldn’t break. My father always teaches me to use my common sense, never cross that invisible line and keep to the basics. At times, people are tempted to breach those rules, thinking nobody will notice, but the truth is that most of the time everybody knows; they just don’t always say so.

아버지입니다. 아버지께 배운 가장 큰 교훈은 ‘언제나 기본을 지키고 선을 지켜야 한다’는 것이죠. 세상에는 눈에 보이는 선과 그렇지 않은 선이 있습니다. 사람들은 차선 등 눈에 보이는 선을 지키는 것에는 습관이 되어 있으면서도, 인생과 비즈니스에서 지켜야 하는 눈에 보이지 않는 선에는 무관심한 면이 있습니다. 아버지는 항상 상식에서 어긋나지 않게 행동하라고 가르치셨습니다. 가끔씩 사람들은 아무도 모를 것이라고 생각하고 이런 보이지 않는 선을 넘어갈 유혹에 시달리기도 하는데, 말을 안 할 뿐 모 두 알고 있는 경우가 대부분 입니다.

Q 중국 시장에 진출한다는데?
A We are now building a factory in Tianjin, China. It is part of a big project initiated by the Chinese government. They are putting together an international complex along with some top multinational companies, and Pigeon is lucky enough to be one of them. After the 1988 Seoul Olympics, the demand for living necessities dramatically increased, and we expect the same thing to happen with China. Pigeon wants to be prepared for that.

톈진에 큰 공장을 짓고 있습니다. 중국 정부는 전 세계적인 기업들을 모두 유치하고 있는 큰 프로젝트를 갖고 있습니다. 1988년 서울 올림픽처럼, 올림픽 이후 생활필수품에 대한 수요가 폭발적으로 증가했습니다. 중국도 비슷한 전 철을 밟을 것이라 보고 그에 대한 준비를 하고 있습니다.

Q 취미가 무엇인가요?

Well, these days, it is almost impossible to find time to just stop, sit back and paint, but I must say I love painting. When I was in America, I studied arts; I still carry a sketchbook with me. I personally am a big fan of Hasegawa Tohaku, a 16th century Japanese painter. I find also that my love for arts helps me within the company, when I need to make proper product decisions.

요즘은 여유가 거의 없지만, 그림 그리는 것을 굉장히 좋아합니다. 미국에서 예술을 공부했고, 지금도 스케치북을 가지고 다닙니다. 16세기 일본의 유명 화가 '하세가와 토하쿠'를 아주 좋아합니다. 피존에서 제품 디자인 결정을 내릴 때, 제가 방향을 제시하기도 합니다.

Q 서강대학교를 선택한 이유는?

When I was going to Sogang, it was different from other schools; it was truly one of a kind. There were a lot of enthusiastic foreign priests and nuns, and their focus was often on English conversation courses. One thing I learnt from my school days was that overall, what students should be most involved in is studying, and that could sometimes be harshly observed, as we had many distinguishable rules, such as FA(Failure by Absence). We also had a number of scholarship programs. I guess one could say we were pioneers in higher education.

서강대학교는 다른 학교들과 많이 달랐습니다. 열정적인 외국인 신부님과 수녀님들이 계셨고, 차별화된 영어 회화 교육이 그랬습니다. 학교에서 배운 가장 중요한 교훈은 '학생의 본분은 공부'라는 것입니다. 그런 원칙 때문에 FA제도가 있었죠. 또, 학교에 다양한 장학금 제도가 있었습니다. 모교는 차별화된 대학 교육의 선구자였다고 생각합니다.

인터뷰어, 정리=김지영(99 중문) Cathy's Healing English 대표

• 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기
  • 구글플러스로 보내기

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

게시물 검색

COPYRIGHT 2007 THE SOGANG UNIVERSITY ALUMNI ASSOCIATION ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
서강대학교총동문회 | 대표 : 김광호 | 사업자등록번호 : 105-82-61502
서강동문장학회 | 대표 : 김광호 | 고유번호 : 105-82-04118
04107 서울시 마포구 백범로 35 아루페관 400호 | 02-712-4265 | alumni@sogang.ac.kr | 개인정보보호정책 / 이용약관 / 총동문회 회칙
모바일 버전으로 보기